Brakes Inspection & Replacement Thatcham, Newbury
Like many other vehicle components, your brakes deteriorate over time. It happens gradually and many people do not even notice the difference.
At Station Tyres and Service Centre in Thatcham, we offer a free brake inspection as part of our complimentary car safety check for your vehicle, this can determine when you will need to safely replace brake components. This begins with a thorough examination of the braking system and the condition of all its components. If any replacement is needed we can give you a clear break down of what is needed and a price quote.
Dont Take A Chance With Your Brakes
Your safety on the road is our priority at Station Tyres, worn brake discs and pads can put not just yourself in danger but other road users too, your brakes need regular checks to ensure they are working correctly. Our team of mechanics have over 25 years of experience in looking after brakes on cars, and light commercials, and if you need to buy brake discs for your car, we supply only high quality parts for your vehicle, and use only the most modern equipment for checking your car safety and brakes.
5 Signs of Brake Wear
- If it pulsates when applying pressure you could have a distorted brake disc or drum.
- If your vehicle pulls to one side when breaking, this usually means a sticking or seized mechanical or hydraulic component, normally the brake caliper.
- If you can hear a grinding noise when applying the brakes your pads could be excessively worn and need to be replaced along with potentially damaged discs.
- If your pedal feels spongy there could be air in the hydraulic system due to a brake fluid leak.
- If your brake warning light is on or your handbrake is pulling up higher than it should (more than 6 to 8 clicks in modern cars).
Call into our Thatcham Service Centre today to have your brakes checked, for fitting of new suspension brakes, pads, discs, tyres and more. Alternatively, book an appointment with us online today or by contacting us on 01635 861 616.